How do I use text banking in Umpqua personal digital banking?
Setting up text banking is a 2-step process. You'll enroll your text phone number, then you'll decide which accounts you want enrolled in text banking. Here are the steps:
1. Enroll your text number: Log in to online or mobile banking, select "Settings", "Text Enrollment".
- Review the terms and conditions.
- Toggle the "On/Off" button to "On".
- Enter your phone number.
- Check "Agree to Terms" and select "Save".
You'll see an Enrollment Successful message. Select "Visit Preferences" at the bottom of that message to go to Account Preferences page.
2. Enroll your account: Select "Settings", "Account Preferences". All your online accounts will be listed on this page.
- Select any account in the list to enroll and display more details.
- On the "Text" tab, toggle SMS/Text Enrollment to "On".
- Enter a SMS/Text Display name (4-character limit).
- Repeat Step 2 for each account you'd like enrolled for Text Banking.
You should receive a welcome text from us at 226563 once enrolled. Text us back LIST for a complete list of command codes. You're ready to start text banking!
Where can I find "Settings" in personal digital banking?
"Settings" is located in the left menu near the bottom, just above "Help". In mobile banking, tap the Menu button and the left menu will slide into view.
What devices, operating systems and browsers are supported?
Our online and mobile banking system requires the latest developments in web browser security to keep your accounts safe, so the software is only compatible with the most reliable web browsers. If your current browser is incompatible with our system, you will be notified as soon as you try to log in.
To help you get the best out of your Online Banking experience, we recommend using one of these web browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox. Please note that our system is only compatible with Safari on Mac OS-X. Safari will not be supported on Windows.
We also encourage you to set up your browser to update automatically. If you have questions about updating your browser or changing browser settings, you can find instructions on that company's website.
Please visit Personal Online Banking Security & Browser System Requirements for more details.
Why do I need to keep my web browser and operating system up to date?
Keeping your web browser and operating system up to date is important for good online security and it also ensures that you can fully enjoy any future updates or new features in online banking.