PORTLAND, Ore. — —
Umpqua Bank today announced the 20 organizations and schools selected to receive $2,500 grants from Umpqua's $50,000 Good Deed Fund, which was generated through "good deed" pledges community members made in Umpqua stores and on its Facebook page. The beneficiaries -- located throughout the company's footprint of Oregon, Washington, Nevada and California -- were nominated by their communities.
"Every day, nonprofits and schools are hard at work serving our communities in meaningful ways, as shown by the hundreds of submissions we received during the 'Help Us Give' campaign," said Nicole Stein, Umpqua Bank's vice president of community responsibility. "At Umpqua, we share the same passion for these local groups that our customers and communities do. Our Good Deed Fund grants celebrate organizations the communities we serve are passionate about and we're pleased to support their important work."
Between Nov. 21 and Dec. 2, community members nominated nonprofit organizations and schools for Good Deed Fund grants. The resulting winners, chosen at random from every organization that met Umpqua Bank's grant-giving guidelines to each receive a $2,500 grant, are as follows:
• Bellview Elementary - Ashland, Ore.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Oregon - Bend, Ore.
• Children's Advocacy Center of Jackson County - Medford, Ore.
• Disability Resources, Inc. - Reno, Nev.
• Douglas County Cancer Services - Roseburg, Ore.
• Eugene-Springfield Youth Orchestras - Eugene, Ore.
• LWC An Enrichment Program for Girls - Tuolumne County, Calif.
• Mi Casa Education, Inc. - Butte County, Calif.
• Multi-Service Center - Federal Way, Wash.
• North Coast Preparatory and Performing Arts Academy - Arcata, Calif.
• Placer Land Trust - Auburn, Calif.
• Potluck in the Park - Portland, Ore.
• Project Open Hand - San Francisco, Calif.
• Seattle Children's PlayGarden - Seattle, Wash.
• Senior Gleaners - Sacramento, Calif.
• Sonora Elementary - Sonora, Calif.
• South Albany High School - Albany, Ore.
• Trinity High School - Weaverville, Calif.
• Children's Home Society, Triple Point project - Vancouver, Wash.
• Uprise Books Project - Vancouver, Wash.
The Good Project
Umpqua's "The Good Project" campaign kicked off September 30 by encouraging customers and communities to give back through simple good deeds. For every pledge made online or in-store, Umpqua added $10 to its Good Deed Fund, and the community responded, pledging 5,058 good deeds to create a $50,000 fund. In addition, Umpqua introduced its first ever Good Deed Awards, inviting communities to nominate those making a meaningful difference. The four winners - one in each of the four states Umpqua has stores - receiving a $5,000 grant for the organization of their choice and each of the eight runners-up receiving a $500 grant as well. In total, The Good Project touched 32 organizations and delivered a total of $74,000 in grants to nonprofits and schools.
About Umpqua Bank
Umpqua Bank, headquartered in Roseburg, Ore., is a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation with locations between California's Central Coast and the Puget Sound, along the Oregon and Northern California Coast, and in Central Oregon and Northern Nevada. Umpqua Bank has been recognized for its innovative customer experience and banking strategy by national publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Fast Company and CNBC. The company has been recognized for the past seven years in a row on FORTUNE magazine's list of the country's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and was recently named by The Portland Business Journal the Most Admired Financial Services Company in Oregon for the ninth consecutive year.
Umpqua Holdings also owns a retail brokerage subsidiary, Umpqua Investments, Inc., which offers services through Umpqua Bank stores and in dedicated offices throughout Oregon, and Financial Pacific Leasing, a nationally-recognized commercial finance company that provides equipment leases to small businesses. Umpqua's Wealth Management Division serves high net worth individuals and nonprofits by providing customized financial solutions and offerings. Umpqua Holdings Corporation is headquartered in Portland, Ore. For more information, visit http://www.umpquabank.com.